- NEFS attracts the brightest and most motivated students from ALL courses.
- We provide equal opportunities to all students regardless of their background. Through sessions aimed at demystifying different areas of banking, consulting and public sector opportunities.
- Encouraging students to give back is at the heart of NEFS.
- Our targeted internship mentor scheme, career clinics and events enable students to learn more from their peers, benefitting from the advice of others keen to pass on their skills, thus forming a closely knit network.
- The NEFS network, which we have built over many years, is our most valuable asset.
- More than 4 out of 5 Nottingham students securing employment post-graduation.
- The NEFS committee of 34 have secured over 75 Spring and Summer Internship offers at the most successful and prestigious firms around the world.
WHAT WE DO
NEFS is built on 7 core divisions that specialise in various areas of finance and economics. They are filled by application only at the start of the year, to train our most passionate students in their desired area. We are extremely proud of the value and content included, which is recognised due to consistent oversubscription and high competition for places in each. This forthcoming year, we are implementing the Technology division, focusing on all the aspects of Technology within economics and finance.
Previous visits from Citi, McKinsey, Goldman Sachs, RBS and many more have provided members with valuable insight into firm opportunities. In addition to this, these visits are often followed with Q&A Panel Discussions and talks aimed specifically towards our Economics and STEM students.
Student members are selected for various prestigious opportunities and events to network with firm representatives. These include:
Lazard Networking Dinner
Accenture 'Powerful Minds' Event
Clearwater International Talk
Citi Women Networking Drinks
EY Females in Finance
Interactive sessions are often held by sponsors and additional firms as well in order to help provide students with a greater industry insight.
RBS 'Crack the Combination'
HSBC Employability Session
BP Trading Simulation & Talk
Accenture X.0 Case Challenge
Amplify Trading Sessions